What is the Procedure and recovery time of injectable chin augmentation?
Sometimes we cannot figure out what is right when we look in the mirror. It may be that the chin is not symmetrical or that the chin is too jutted out or receding. However, we have always
lived in a world where appearances have always mattered, and with the internet taking over our lives, it is even more critical that facial harmony is maintained at all times.
For example, when you pose for a selfie, it is natural to tilt your chin up. But did you know that your chin is the perfect prop for a selfie or a portrait photo? When the chin is up, the light reflects, making the nose look less prominent, the jaw more defined, and the neck elongated. On the other hand, a weak chin weakens the jaw and can make the double chin more visible.
Every chin is unique, with different shapes, sizes, and widths. So if you have been wondering how to make the jaw more pronounced or turn the frowny downturn of the lip upside, then chin augmentation using injectables is the answer you need.
Simple chin fillers or injectables for chin augmentation are often unappreciated, but they are essential in striking a harmonious balance between the other facial contours. In addition, they give a better definition to the lower third portion of the face and are often used in combination with other popular fillers, such as cheek or lip fillers, to create the perfect face shape.
What are chin fillers?
Chin fillers are a type of cosmetic surgery that is used for facial augmentation and user dermal fillers for the process. Dermal fillers are often used for facial contouring around the world. This is because they are safe and have a high efficacy.
Our body looks bone as we age, and the muscles and tissues lose their firmness. This causes the chin to appear smaller and the appearance of loose jowls. Using fillers to add shape to the chin acts like an anchor for the lower portion of
the face and stabilizes it. Injectables will not significantly change your face, but they do micro-adjustments that bring about a subtle change in the entire appearance. Augmenting the chin using fillers or injectables has many benefits, including
- It balances the facial features to a more natural shape
- Gives a stronger-looking and defined chin
- Reduces chin cleft
- Restores volume to smooth the chin
- Adds contours to the jawline
- They can help reduce the appearance of a large nose.
- Increase chin projection
- Restores structure to the lower portion of the face
- Prevents early signs of aging
Injectable chin augmentation
It can be done using synthetic or natural filler. The type of filler used will depend on the results you want and the loss of bone or tissue laxity in the skin. Hyaluronic fillers are a popular choice for chin augmentation. Still, they last barely six months because of natural absorption by the body, whereas synthetic fillers are long-lasting and not absorbed by the body. The most common synthetic fillers used for chin augmentation are calcium hydroxylapatite and poly-L-lactic acid, lasting comfortably for 15-24 months.
Who can get chin fillers?
A chin filler augmentation is a simple procedure that takes 35-40 minutes and transforms your face. Both men and women can get chin augmentation done using fillers. However, the injection site or the number of fillers varies differently for men and women because of different cosmetic requirements. In men, chin augmentation gives a sculpted, wide, masculine, or chiseled look to the chin and jaw; in women, the chin injectables help achieve a narrow, sculpted, and softer look.
Fillers are placed under the chin with the help of a thin needle or cannula. This process does not disrupt the blood vessels or tissues. Chin fillers when injected in the front portion of the skin, Chin fillers add support to the jowls and help prevent the lip muscles from turning downward. This gives the face a naturally rested, smiling, and relaxed look.
Fillers are also an excellent alternative to surgical chin implants. Many men and women opt for fillers to see what changes the implants will bring to their looks. Chin implants are permanent and need complicated surgery, which can be expensive for some. On the other hand, fillers are not that costly and don’t take much time to administer.
Benefits of using Chin injectables
Using Injectables for chin augmentation has many benefits, such as
- There are no scaring or injection sites
- Very low downtime and can be done in just a lunchtime
- The results are visible almost immediately
- Follow-up treatments can be done regularly to maintain the results, and as you continue to use them, the need for maintenance treatment decreases
- Less expensive than surgery
- Natural-looking results with no side effects
- Have an anti-aging effect
How long do injectable chin fillers last?
Different types of filers act differently. Many factors, such as the treatment area, body type, and filler types, influence the results. For example, Denser fillers last longer and must be injected into the deeper layers of the skin.
Chin augmentation using injections is increasingly becoming very popular worldwide, especially among people of Asian origin. The reason is that genetically most of them have a flat face with a recessed chin, and fillers can be used to fill the natural contours of the face. Not only this, injectables have several other advantages, such as
- They stimulate the body’s natural healing response to injury and improve collagen production leading to a firmer and toned appearance of the lower part of the face.
- They remove wrinkles from the chin and jawline area
- The results keep improving with every treatment, and the filler smooths and plum the area
- They can dissolve severe-looking folds
- They are exact. Implants cannot be altered, but files can be used to give more tailored results
- Fillers give quicker results than any other cosmetic treatment method.
Injectable chin augmentation procedure
Injectable chin augmentation is an outpatient procedure.
The consultation with the cosmetic surgeon of your choice is the first step. The surgeon will take face measurements and decide where to inject the fillers based on the ‘phi’ formula for facial balance. Before the Procedure, The surgeon will advise you to avoid some medications, such as aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (such as Advil, Aleve, and Motrin). You should also avoid garlic, flax, cod liver oil, Vitamins A and E, and other essential fatty acids for a few days as they can increase the risk of bleeding.
Fillers can be combined with other treatments such as Botox, but they should not be combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as chemical peels, bleaches, etc. Restrict the intake of alcohol and smoking before the Procedure.
On the day of chin augmentation
- You will be seated comfortably, and the surgeon will brief you about the Procedure. They will also go over the expected results one more time
- Your makeup will be removed, and your face will be cleansed thoroughly
- In the next step, the surgeon will apply a topical numbing cream
- The area to be injected is sterilized properly
- You need to still and sit up during the Procedure
- Filler injections are injected to the anterior, front, and sides of the chin and jawline to increase the bone volume, decrease the width, modify the chin projection and create a smooth transition of the chin.
- The whole process is done in less than 40 minutes. And you can go home to rest.
Post-chin filler augmentation
Deep chin fillers can cause some pain, but this is only temporary. The injection site will feel sore but avoid touching or pressing as it can dislodge the fillers. Avoid chewing hard food for 3-4 days post the filler treatment and avoid strenuous activities like jumping, running, weightlifting, contact sports, etc.
Give the fillers some time to adjust to your body and settle in. It takes about two weeks to see the full results.
Cost of injectable chin augmentation
The cost of injectable chin augmentation varies from clinic to clinic. The main influencing factors for the price of dermal fillers are
- The number of syringes used
- The material used
- Body complexity of the patient
- Surgeon’s feels
- Location of the clinic
- Other inclusions
Fillers are a cosmetic procedure and, therefore, not covered under insurance. However, you can get a good discount on signing up for a bundled treatment that includes follow-up procedures. The goal should be to find the best cosmetic or plastic surgeon who has destinations similar to yours. Don’t be lured by false promises of cheap options and quick results. It is always best to compare the cost of injectable chin augmentation before deciding on one.
Leave a Reply