7 Best Exercises to Bring the Nose in Shape (nose reshaping)
The cute little nose that blends with facial features is a simple wish of every person. The nose plays a vital role in accentuating our facial features. A long nose can make a face look aged, and a bulbous tip overshadows other facial features. The nose is generally the first thing you notice about a person. A sharp and well-contoured nose immediately gets attention. A simple nose can make your face look innocent, sensitive, or astute. Many spend hours putting on skillful full makeup to contour the nose to the desired appearance, but more permanent solutions exist. There are some simple facial exercises that you can incorporate into your daily routines to get the perfect nose shape. Nose reshaping surgeries are another option to construct the desired nose shape.
Before you opt for a nose shaping surgery or a rhinoplasty, you can do these simple nose shaping exercises for a slimmer and shapely nose. These gradually alter the appearance of your standout feature.
Advantages of exercises for nose
As we age, our body undergoes many changes. The skin experiences a lack of collagen and elastin, and cartilage starts to deteriorate. When you keep exercising the nose regularly, the rate of deterioration of the cartilage decreases, and the nose retains its youthful shape longer. Even after nose surgery, the process of aging continues. Nose exercises also help post-rhinoplasty surgery to help maintain the shape of the nose. The key to getting maximum benefits from nose-shaping practices is consistency. Do them daily, and slowly and gradually, you will notice changes.
A long nose throws the facial balance out of the picture. For a shorter nose and to prevent cartilage deterioration, do the following exercise every day.
- Place your index finger on the tip of the nose and press it down gently
- Now exert downward pressure on your nose. Hold for a few seconds and let go.
- You can do as my reps as you want during the day.
For thinner and smaller noses, there is another nose-shortening exercise
The round shape of the nose is desirable to a few. Most women want their noses to look sharper and more minor. You can try the following exercise
- Using your index finger and thumb, press the bottom sides of your nose
- Now, using the other hand’s index finger, push the nose’s tip upwards.
- Now take deep breaths.
- Do this exercise for 15-20 minutes a day.
A straight nose is one of the first perquisites of a perfect nose. However, if you are also bothered about a crooked nose, this simple facial exercise will help you get a straighter nose.
- Your smile is your biggest asset for this exercise. Simile your widest smile to push your nose upwards.
- Place your fingers on the side of the nose and push it upwards.
This exercise helps the muscles on the side of the nose and tighten them. Do this exercise daily for 20-30 times a day.
Nose shaping exercise
If you are not happy with the shape of your nose, then this simple facial exercise will give you the freedom to sculpt the nose the way you want. Another added benefit of this exercise is that it prevents the nose from sagging. Here is how to do it
- Use your index fingers to press down the bottom sides of the nose
- Breath out with force while flaring your nostrils
- Keep the pressure on the bottom sides of the nostril
- Repeat this exercise 10 times for the best results.
The nose appears sharper and firmer when it has strong muscles. This simple nose-wiggling exercise builds the muscles of your nose. All you need to do is
- Wiggle your nose while keeping your face still during the process.
- Do this as many times in a day as you can
Nose contouring through breathing
Breathing exercises not only help contour the nose and strengthen the muscles, but they are also suitable for the internal organs. Even ancient yoga practices talk a lot about the numerous benefits of breathing exercises. Here is one that quickly helps you shorten and sharpen your nose with better contours :
- Sit cross-legged on the ground. If you cannot sit cross-legged, you can sit on a chair with your back straight and knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Use your thumb to block the right nostril and breathe in for about 4 seconds from the left nostril without exhaling.
- Then, block the left nostril using your ring finger and slowly breathe out from the right nostril.
- Repeat this process about ten times a day.
This is also a great exercise to improve your lung capacity. Do this exercise on an empty stomach, preferably.
Massaging for a narrow nose
A narrow shape to the nose is most desirable. Massaging the nose correctly helps narrow the bulkiness and gets the much-needed relief from sinus and migraines. This includes massaging the sides, bridge, and tip of the nose for five minutes every day in a circular motion. This will also tone up the facial muscles around the nose. Here is how to massage the nose correctly
- Take two drops of olive or coconut or your favorite massage oil on the nose.
- Use the tip of the finger to massage in a circular motion.
- Start with the bridge to the tip and then to the sides
- Do this for five minutes daily for a months
For sliming the nose
A slim nose brings out the eyes. So, for a simmer, nose tries this easy-to-do exercise.
- Make an ‘O’ shape with your mouth.
- Now use your index finger to push your nostrils together halfway, but ensure you can breathe comfortably.
- Now look up to the ceiling and breathe out through your nose.
Do this exercise multiple times a day, and slowly you will start to see the results.
Some facts about nose reshaping
Exercises to bring the nose in shape take their time to show full effects and need to be done regularly to get and maintain the results. Some important things to remember are
- Nose shaping exercises are not an alternative to functional rhinoplasty. Exercise cannot correct major structural and cosmetic defects.
- Pinching or pressing the nose does not make it smaller or give a pointy tip.
- The nose gets more prominent with age as the skin loses elasticity.
- The shape of the nose does not change with weight loss or gain. The nose is made up of bone and cartilage and does not have fat cells.
- Nose shapers do not work, and they can cause injury to the nose.
It is common to feel that your nose is impacting your appearance. Simple exercises like nose shaping, nose slimming, nose straightening, breathing, smiling, wigging, etc., can make the nose look shorter, straighter, and slimmer. All you need to do is to be patient and consistent.
If you are not happy with the shape and size of the nose even after exercises, or you will find that the nose needs major reconstruction to get the desired appearance, then a nose reshaping surgery can help you. Nose reshaping surgery involves manipulating the bone and cartilage structure of the nose to give it a shape and size that is more harmonious with other facial features. Nose reshaping can also be done non-surgically using fillers, but it is a temporary solution and cannot be used to slim or shorten the nose. It can only augment the nose. Nose reshaping can also help correct some functional defects of the nose, such as the deviated nasal septum, which can cause breathing and other chronic issues in a person.
To maintain the results of a nose reshaping surgery, you can talk to your doctor about a suitable time to start the nasal exercises again. Nose reshaping exercise will tighten the skin and tone the muscles around it. Activities to get the nose in shape do not require any expert help or cost you anything. All you need to give is 10-15 minutes daily.
Leave a Reply