Nose Reshaping Surgery
What is Nose reshaping Surgery?
The nose is a delicate structure made up of two bones and five pieces of cartilage that support each other to give it its shape. The nose is the most distinguishing feature of the face. Scientifically an attractive face is one which has the correct balance and proportion Since the nose is in the center of the face it becomes the attention of aesthetic balance. If anything is wrong with the shape of the nose, it can change how your face looks and even cause functional difficulties and directly reflect on the quality of your life. A nose reshaping surgery in can help correct the size and shape of the nose and change your appearance.
The goal of nose reshaping surgery or nose job or nasal surgery or rhinoplasty is to make desirable aesthetic changes in the shape and size of the nose to create harmony with other facial features. Dr Debraj Shome is an expert nose reshaping surgeon to provide a range of procedures to repair the nasal structure to restore its healthy appearance and function through reshaping, regardless of whatever is causing the discomfort. Rhinoplasty surgery in India includes both surgical reconstruction and shaping of the cartilage and bone to give the nose the profile that you want and is best suited for you to enhance your natural beauty.
Dr. Debraj Shome is one of the top rhinoplasty surgeons in Mumbai for nose reshaping surgery because he is one of the few experts to understand the entire face architecture and combine the science of cosmetic surgery and the art of nose surgery to give a natural looking, and long-lasting results.
Who can get a nose reshaping surgery?
A nose reshaping surgery is done when the nose is done growing. Teens and young adults are still in the growth face and it can change the shape of the nose. The patient should be in good physical and mental health and a non-smoker. Smoking can delay the healing and even run a risk of tissue damage.
Ideally nose reshaping procedure can be done on girls post the age of 17 and boys above the age of 18. Nose reshaping is a safe procedure and Dr Debraj Shome uses latest imaging techniques such as 3 D imaging to show the patient the changes rhinoplasty will bring to their appearance. The ability to visualize the changes helps you understand the surgery better and be comfortable with nose reshaping surgery.
Different people have different reasons for seeking rhinoplasty but the aim is the same, get the ideal nose. if you have an history of previous surgery or trauma to the nose or are facing severe nasal obstruction or breathing problems then let your surgeon know.
Types of nose reshaping surgery
Nose reshaping can do many changes and help you in both cosmetic and functional aspects by reshaping the nasal structures such as bone, cartilage and the skin. Depending on the type of surgery you are having nose reshaping can
- Make your nose smaller by removing the extra cartilage and bones
- Augment the nose by adding grafts made from ear cartilage and bone from other parts of the body such as hips to make your nose larger
- Change the shape of the nostrils. This is done by breaking the bone in the nose and repositioning the cartilage to alter the nostril size.
- Change the nasal tip angle by manipulating the skin and cartilage of the nose
- Correct the dip and hump in the nasal bridge by using reconstruction methods and smooth the bumps
- Correct the hooked or crooked nose to make it straighter and balanced
- Make general improvement in the nose as compared to the rest of the facial features by narrowing or widening the nose or reducing the size of the nose.
- Change or reduce the bulbous nasal tip
- Reduce the tip length
- Correct the breathing problems by opening the nasal passages and giving symmetry to the nose.
Nose reshaping surgeons in Mumbai use various techniques depending on the patient’s skin type, ethnicity and desired results. The common types of nose reshaping surgeries include
- Surgical cosmetic rhinoplasty: This procedure is done under general anaesthesia and the surgeon will add or remove the bones, change the cartilage shape and remove the extra skin to change the shape of the nose. Incisions are made in in the nose to give the surgeon the access to insides of the nose. There are different kinds of surgical rhinoplasty namely
- Primary rhinoplasty: This is done to change the shape and size of the nose for the patient.
- Revision rhinoplasty: This type of surgical procedure is performed to correct the damages done by previous rhinoplasty. It is a more complex procedure than basic rhinoplasty as the surgeon has limited tissue, bone and skin access and has to take care of scar tissue.
- Rejuvenation rhinoplasty: This treatment is suggested to people who are facing the effects of ageing on the nose. Dr Debraj Shome, has the expert eye to improve the shape of the ageing nose to a more youthful appearance. Rejuvenation nose surgery is often combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures such a blepharoplasty, chin augmentation etc.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty: This type of nose job is done to augment the nose. The entire procedure is completely non-invasive and does not have any downtime. Non-surgical nose job uses dermal fillers and thread to do the corrections in nose.
Advantage for Nose Reshaping surgery
Nose reshaping surgery in Mumbai will not only improve the shape of the nose it will also give you
- A confidence uplift
- Resolve breathing issues and reduce the snoring
- Easy and relaxed sleep time
- Reduce sinus pressure
- A chance to make an enhanced first impression
- A younger appearance
- A clear tone of voice by clearing the nasal passage.
Are there any side effects after nose reshaping surgery
Nose reshaping is a simple procedure and takes about one to two hours to complete. Since it is a surgical procedure, it is recommended that you take about two week off to help with recovery. Post surgery if the surgeon has put a splint in the nose, then it will take about a week to get that off. The swelling takes about 3-4 weeks to go down and you can continue with the regular activities. The full results take about 5-6 months to completely show up. You might feel some issues like a blocked nose, stiff nasal area, redness, soreness, swelling and bruising around the eyes and nose area, light nosebleeds.
Common side effects of nose reshaping surgery if you don’t take care of the nose properly post the procedure include
- Breathing difficulties
- Damage to cartilage wall holding the nostrils
- Change in the sense of smell
- Frequent nosebleeds
Your surgeon will guide you how to reduce the risks and complications of the rhinoplasty. As you heal
- Sleep with your head popped up to the pillow after surgery. this will help reduce the swelling
- Avoid hot baths or showers
- Don’t let the bandage or the splint get wet
- Avoid any thing that can cause you to blow your nose or sneeze
- Don’t remove the crusts
- Stay away from dusty or smoky places
- Avoid strenuous exercises such as weight lifting, contact sports etc. till the healing is complete.
If you have any issues then contact the surgeon for correct treatment.
Why Dr Debraj Shome is best for nose reshaping surgery
The head and neck are one of the most complex areas of the body and it includes your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, throat. Hence you only need the best surgeon work through the intricacies of the advanced procedures of nose reshaping surgery. Dr Debraj Shome MD, DO, DNB, FRCS (Glasgow), FICO (USA), MNAMS, MBA (Healthcare Management, Vanderbilt University, USA), FACS is undoubtedly your first choice for nose reshaping in Mumbai.
He is one of the finest doctors for rhinoplasty in the country and have the right knowledge and experience to perform the complex procedures. he has the skills to ensure that each patient gets the best, customized and beautiful results. Dr Debraj Shome is the best Cranio-Maxillo Facial surgeon and has many years of experience with him.
Trained and worked under the best minds of the world, Dr Debraj Shome’s expertise is not limited to any one type of nose reshaping surgery. He has done many simple and complex nose reshaping surgeries successfully. He is one of the best plastic surgeons in the country to be an expert in oculoplastic, facial and head and neck surgery.