The world of plastic surgery has grown leaps and bounds in India. Our country is one of the leading choices around the world because plastic surgery in India is empowered by latest techniques and top plastic surgeons in the world. India is the birthplace of plastic surgery after all. As time progresses everyday there are new and more effective procedures added to the already vast list of procedures. So, the question that ranks top most in most minds is how to go about finding the right surgeon. This is the essential criterial for plastic surgery in India
Finding a plastic surgeon is easy but finding the best and right one requires some time and effort on your side. In short words a plastic surgeon is one who will use different reconstructive and cosmetic procedures to restore the areas of face and other parts of the body to their natural state. A plastic surgeon goes under years of hard training and gains various specialisations in eye, brain, and hand coordination to heal complex issues. The most popular types of plastic surgeries include
- Breast augmentation or enlargement (augmentation mammoplasty)
- Breast implant removals
- Breast lift (mastopexy) with or without the placement of an implant
- Buttock lift
- Chin, cheek, or jaw reshaping (facial implants or soft tissue augmentation)
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Forehead lift
- Hair replacement or transplantation
- Lip augmentation
- Liposuction (lipoplasty)
- Lower body lift
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Upper arm lift (brachioplasty)
- Botox injections
- Cellulite treatment
- Chemical peel
- Plumping, or collagen or fat injections (facial rejuvenation)
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Laser treatment of leg veins
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Reconstructive surgeries
Choosing the right plastic surgeon can make a huge difference in your life. The key is to find a plastic surgeon who understands your goals and can work on the changes you expect without the need of revision surgeries. if you too are looking to get a major or minor plastic or cosmetic surgery done then, blow is a short guide on finding the right plastic surgeon.
Narrow Your Search to The Specialization in Treatment You Want
The range of plastic surgery in India extends from simple redesigning of body’s contour and shape to the treatment of varicose vein and from breast augmentation to limb reconstructions. An expert in nose surgery in India will give you the best results for rhinoplasty but might not do the same good job in a tummy tucks. Therefore, start by searching for one whose specialization and experience aligns with your expectations.
What Qualifications Should My Plastic Surgeon Have?
According to Indian Medical norms a board-certified plastic surgeon has to complete a mandatory 5.5 years of MBBS degree and 2-3 years of Plastic surgery course and then undergone rigours training for the next few years. The surgeons get specific training in reconstructive and cosmetic areas. Plastic surgery can rejuvenate muscle, skin, cartilage and bones and therefore the plastic surgeon you chose should have worked in all these areas. Plastic surgery in India mandates that all procedures are done safely and ethically
Get Referrals from Previous Patients
Good plastic surgeons will more than happy to refer their previous patients to you. You can also ask around in your family friends and other healthcare personals about the best plastic surgeons around you. You will also be able to see the plastic surgery before and after results from the patients and discuss recovery and maintenance. Looking at the plastic surgery before and after photos will give you a fair idea of the surgeon’s work. A major factor in selecting the best plastic surgeon is to select a surgeon who has the tie-ups with the best plastic surgery hospitals in the area. For example, nose plastics surgery in India requires some special endonasal equipment and therefore should be performed only in the best cosmetic surgery clinics.
Consultations And Questions to Ask
When you book a consultation with a plastic surgeon ask as many questions at you want. A good plastic surgeon will be able to answer all your questions about plastics surgery in India, recovery time and other things with ease and confidence. He will also explain in detail bout the surgical procedure. For example, nose surgery in India. You need a surgeon who has excellent communication skills and the consultation is a good way to explore those skills. Ask the surgeon about
- His or her certifications from the relevant medical board of plastic surgery
- His training in your particular field of requirement.
- His tie-ups with the hospitals to perform the procedure and the facilities those offer.
- How many procedures he has performed and in how much time
- Are you a good candidate for the procedure and how many procedures will you need
- What results can you expect and do they have specific before and after photos of the procedure you want
- Are their any risks of the procedure
- What will be the cost of the plastic surgery and will it be covered by insurance. Elective plastic surgery is generally not covered by insurance
- Alternatives to the surgery
What Happens When You Don’t Select the Right Plastic Surgeon
Choosing the right plastic surgeon is crucial for achieving safe and satisfactory results from any cosmetic or reconstructive procedure. When you don’t go to the right plastic surgeon, several negative outcomes can occur:
- Poor Results: Inexperienced or unskilled surgeons may not have the expertise to achieve the desired aesthetic outcomes. This can result in dissatisfaction with the appearance of the treated area, which may require corrective surgeries to address.
- Complications: Improper techniques or inadequate surgical skills can lead to complications such as infections, poor wound healing, scarring, asymmetry, and unnatural-looking results. More severe complications like tissue necrosis (death of tissue) can also occur.
- Unrealistic Expectations: An experienced plastic surgeon will provide you with a realistic understanding of what can be achieved through plastic surgery in India. However, an inexperienced or unethical surgeon might promise unrealistic results, leading to disappointment when these promises are not fulfilled.
- Health Risks: Plastic surgery is a medical procedure that carries inherent risks, including anaesthesia risks, bleeding, and infection. In the hands of an unqualified surgeon, these risks can increase, potentially putting your health and safety at risk.
- Longer Recovery and Downtime: Poor surgical techniques can result in longer recovery periods and more extended downtime, as your body struggles to heal from unnecessary trauma caused by the surgery.
- Need for Revision Surgery: If the initial procedure yields unsatisfactory results or complications, you might need to undergo revision surgery, which can be more complex, costly, and require additional recovery time.
- Emotional and Psychological Impact: Unsatisfactory results or complications from a poorly performed surgery can have a negative impact on your self-esteem and body image. This can lead to emotional distress and a diminished quality of life.
- Financial Costs: Correcting the issues caused by an inexperienced surgeon can lead to additional financial costs, including the expenses associated with revision surgeries, potential legal fees, and seeking treatment from a qualified surgeon to rectify the situation.
- Legal and Ethical Concerns: Some practitioners without proper qualifications or credentials may engage in unethical practices or even fraudulent activities. Seeking treatment from such individuals can lead to legal and ethical complications.
Always schedule a consultation to discuss your goals, concerns, and expectations with the surgeon before making any decisions. The important thing to understand is that good plastic surgeon will never impose the services on you. They will be honest and upfront about the limitations of the procedures. Plastic surgery is a very delicate and precise surgery and therefore you need to go to the best plastic surgeon for the same.
What Qualities Should A Plastic Surgeon Have?
Many people tend to visit different plastic surgeons before finding the one that they like and then they are committed to them for life. Keep in mind that you are paying for the procedure and the result and not the fancy office and confusing jargon of words. Your plastic surgeon should
- Understand your language and be able to list the procedure
- Have an extensive knowledge about skin, bone and cartilage issues and be quick to diagnose the problem.
- must be update about the new technology
- be patient and involve you in decision making